Back to previous
MANDARAKE ZENBU CATALOG AND AUCTION FAQs
Return to previous
- Q - Can I place bids over the phone?
A - As there is a high chance of misunderstanding a bid instruction, we cannot accept telephone bids. You can place bids using the postcard in the Zenbu catalog.
- Q - I'm concerned about the condition of an item and would like to inspect it.
A - You can check the condition of the items at out Nakano store. Please be sure to contact us in advance to arrange a convenient time, as it may take a while to prepare the item.
- Q - I joined the Big Auction about a year ago. Can I use the same ID and password?
A - As long as your registration has been completed successfully and you have paid the registration fee you can use the same ID and password.
- Q - I want to sell something in the Big Web Auction. How do I go about doing it?
A - Please read through this page on our auction consignments (Japanese). If you need more information please contact our editorial department.
- Q - I want to buy a previous edition of Zenbu. Where can I find them?
A - You can find our most recent editions of Zenbu at most Mandarake stores (stock levels may vary).
You can also find them in our online catalog here.
- Q - Is there a way to preview the contents of the Zenbu catalog?
A - As well as the various parts that we make available on our website, you can see the full catalog at any of our stores.
- Q - Can I make a feature request for the next catalog?
A - We have a space for requests and opinions on the postcard. Please feel free to send this to us. You can also tell your ideas directly to any member of our store staff.
- Q - I forgot my password.
A - Please click here for the 'Forgot my password' form.
- Q - Can stores accept postcards over the counter?
A - Yes, all of our stores nationwide can accept postcards.
- Q - The bidding for an item I'm interested in is going to be expensive. Can I pay in installments?
A - For residents of Japan we do have a zero-interest loan available for purchases over 50,000 yen.
- Q - How much is domestic shipping?
A - Items will be shipped with Japan Post and shipping is free for most products. For large items there may be a shipping surplus charge, but this will be noted in the Mandarake Zenbu catalog.
- Q - My local bookstore sells the Mandarake Zenbu Catalog. Can I buy a subscription there?
A - I'm afraid the only places that you can buy the subscription are in any Mandarake store and on the Mandarake website.
- Q - Can I participate in the auction with my regular mobile phone?
A - Non-smartphones are not supported by our auction website. Please bid via the postcard, a smartphone or a PC.
- Q - I won an item and want to ship it outside of Japan. How much is shipping and how long will it take?
A - The shipping costs will depend on the size and weight of the item as well as the location it is being sent to. If you are interested in an item and would like to know how much it would cost, please contact us first.
- Q - I'm registered for and often use the Everyday Auctions. Can I still participate in the Big Web Auction?
A - You can still use the same user ID and password, but to participate in the Big Web Auction there is a special registration and fee. Please head to the Authentication (Payment for Big Web Auction Participation Fee) area of the auction My Page.
- Q - Can I change the shipping address after a winning an auction?
A - Yes, you can change it from the My Page area. Simply click 'Edit Registered Information' and you can update your details. Please be sure that the details you put in are correct. You may have to pay re-delivery fees if items are sent to the incorrect address.
- Q - Is it possible to pick up items I win directly at the store?
A - You can pick up directly from the Nakano store from the Service Counter on the 4th floor. Please contact us in advance to arrange a collection time.
Mandarake Nakano: 03-3228-0007.
- Q - Where can I find the results of the previous auctions?
A - The auction results can be found in the Zenbu Catalog. For example, the results from Zenbu 80's auction can be found in Zenbu 81. The results of the last few auctions can also be found on the main auctions page here.
- Q - Looking on the website there are three different auctions. What is the difference?
A - At Mandarake we have three different auctions available, the Big Web Auction, the Everyday Auction and the Urban Mines.
Here's a brief explanation as to how they differ from one another.
★ Big Web Auction → Held six times a year. All items can be found in the Mandarake Zenbu catalog. Participation fee required.
★ Everyday Auction → Held constantly throughout the year. No catalog of items. No participation fee.
★ Urban Mines → Held constantly throughout the year. No catalog of items. No participation fee. All items start at 100 yen. Items have not been checked and are not listed by name
- Q - Some of the interviews with animators in the Zenbu catalog are really interesting. Is there a way to read them online?
A - I'm afraid that the interviews can only be read in the Zenbu catalogs and are not available online. We are currently planning to release some publications with the interviews. We will announce when these will be made available.
- Q - Do I have to buy the Zenbu Catalog to take part in the auction?
A - No, you don't. For customers outside Japan you can register online to participate, though please be aware that the registration fee is $5 US. The latest copy of the Zenbu Catalog can be bought online for 1000 yen.
- Q - I registered, but still can't bid. Why?
A - Please ensure that you have finished the credit card or PayPal authentication process. If you are still having problems, please contact us.
- Q - Can I pay in dollars / euros / pounds?
A - Sorry, all payments must be made in yen.
- Q - Is the catalog available in any other languages?
A - The physical copy of the catalog is in Japanese only (although there is a small section on the bidding process that is written in English).
An English translation for some of the popular items is provided on the left of the main Zenbu page, as well some as important information about them.
Click the pictures for more details.
- Q - I want to get the catalog as soon as possible. Which store should I go to?
A - Our Nakano store usually gets the catalog a few days before its scheduled release date, so please contact the store directly. Other Mandarake stores receive their copies afterward. Regular bookstores release their copies on the 10th every other month (February, April, June, August, October, December), but this may vary depending on the store and region.